Victorian Dermal Group is a trusted, medical-grade facility in Melbourne offering expert lip enhancements to its clients. In addition, we offer a wide range of non-surgical procedures, including dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections and more. We believe that knowledge is power, so we aim to provide our patients with all the information they need to make better choices, with a strong focus on health and well-being.
Find out how our lip enhancements service can give you the beautifully natural and voluminous lips you've always wanted.
What are lip enhancements?
Lip enhancements plump up and define lips. The process involves injecting the lips with hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler. The HA stimulates the body's own naturally occurring collagen production, causing the lips to swell, leaving them looking naturally fuller. This cosmetic enhancement lasts considerably longer than other lip enhancers such as lipstick or lip gloss. Lip enhancements are also referred to as lip fillers and cosmetic lip injectables.
How do I choose a professional and safe cosmetic injectables service?
Before you make an appointment, consider a few points:
- How much experience does your doctor have?
- How long have they been working as a dermal clinician and where?
- Does your doctor regularly perform the procedure using hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, and what dermal filler brand do they use?
Keep in mind that not all doctors performing lip enhancements adhere to high standards of practice. Therefore, choosing a doctor or dermal clinician who only uses high-quality products and has experience doing so can significantly reduce your risks of complications and adverse reactions during and after treatment.
Why choose Victorian Dermal Group to provide your lip enhancements?
We are well known for our non-surgical cosmetic treatments in Melbourne. An extensive range of cutting-edge equipment backs our team of highly trained cosmetic doctors and professional dermal clinicians to ensure the best results and highest safety standards. Additionally, we offer you an in-depth consultation with one of our professional staff members to answer all your questions and personalise a treatment just for you.
What can I expect during my appointment at Victorian Dermal Group?
If you decide to make an appointment at our clinic, at your first consultation:
- Your clinician will sit down with you and gain a thorough understanding of you, your health and the results that you'd like to achieve with your lip enhancement
- They'll explain the procedure and any side effects
- Answer any questions you might have
- Examine your mouth
- Make recommendations
After receiving their advice, you can decide whether to go ahead with the treatment or schedule another appointment. Of course, you are very welcome to go home and take some time to decide later if and when you would like to proceed with the lip filler treatment recommended. And we're always available to answer any questions that may pop up after your consultation.
Will lip enhancement improve my smile?
Lip injections are highly effective at making minor changes to lips, including:
- Replacing volume
- Preventing wrinkle-formation
- Reversing the signs of ageing
- Increasing the size of the lips
- Provide definition
- Balancing smaller upper lips
As with most cosmetic procedures, the best way to determine your individual treatment needs is to come in and have a free consultation at Victorian Dermal Group. If you find it difficult to attend our clinic, we also offer online video chat consultations.
How is a cosmetic lip enhancement treatment performed?
The treatment itself is straightforward and requires no anaesthesia. Your skin will be cleansed with alcohol before injecting the filler into the lips using fine needles under local anaesthetic (topical). The numbing cream used ensures the treatment is relatively painless, and the overall procedure should take less than 2 hours.
How much downtime will I need after lip fillers?
How long it takes for swelling and bruising to disappear completely depends on your body's response to injections; there is only mild swelling in most cases. Usually, no bruised areas remain within a week of the lip enhancement being performed.
What are the other possible lip enhancement risks, and how do you avoid them?
It is important to note that any procedure comes with risks. Some of the possible complications and adverse reactions associated with lip injections are as follows:
- Pain: It can be painful for several days or weeks after the procedure. However, pain does subside after a few weeks, and most patients feel little discomfort during daily activities.
- Bruising: Occurs as an immediate reaction to treatment and subsides within 24 hours (in some cases, up to 72).
- Swelling: This can last from 3 - 14 days post-treatment; however, the swelling usually subsides faster than the bruising.
- Discolouration: This can happen when you get any kind of filler. How quickly it usually fades depends on the type of product used.
- Infection: Although rare, it does occur because injections may damage the skin's natural defence mechanisms, enabling bacteria to penetrate.
The very best way to ensure you minimise any risk of adverse reactions is to see a trained professional dermal clinician. Do your research; search for testimonials and reviews and examine their before and after photos. If you like what you see, make an appointment to find out more.
How long do lip fillers last?
The length of time that lip enhancement lasts depends on the individual and how much filler you have used. The average treatment will last around 6 - 12months, but if you continue to top up your lip enhancements, they can last for years.
How much do lip enhancements cost?
At Victorian Dermal Group, we offer a free consultation to discuss your requirements. At this appointment we will assess your lips and make recommendations on how our cosmetic professionals can help them become softer, fuller and more defined. Your treatment plan will include all costs and a recommendation of how frequently you would require appointments to achieve optimum results.